Custom Search

Monday, August 10, 2009

Chat and Vent

It is human nature to cling to another human being when we are in distress. It is an inherent need that comes with our natural social behavior.

“Do you want to talk about it?” is seemingly a standard question that comes out of a friend’s whenever we begin the process of venting, and our friend senses distress.

But what if you’re alone in the middle of the night with no one to talk to? I have experienced this first hand. At some point, I contacted friends from overseas just to “talk” about my situation which seem to eat me up at that time. It worked. I have passed the threshold of the stress and felt better – but I have also passed the threshold of how much I can afford to pay my phone bills. Then came online chat. Friends are not always around, even online. This is not really a problem when it comes to socializing on the internet. Just look for a wholesome chat room where people are usually friendly. Introduce yourself, make friends and chat your troubles away. Who knows, you might even make real friends who are always willing to listen, when all other friends are not around.

No comments:

Post a Comment